CARE GUIDE | JEWELRY
Every love story needs tenderness and care to stand the test of time. Jewelry is by nature delicate. Show your treasured pieces some love and they will reward you with their pleasures longer.
EVERYDAY CARE - STORAGE AND WEAR
* Store your precious piece in a jewelry box.
* Never force or pull chains. When in storage, arrange chains in loop shapes to avoid damage.
* After each use, gently wipe every piece with a soft cloth to remove any make-up residue or oils from your skin. Go easy – excessive polishing might rub off the plating.
* Never wear jewelry in a swimming pool, sauna or steam room.
* Don’t sleep with your jewelry on.
WATER AND CHEMICAL INTERACTIONS
* Water and chemicals found in everyday products may damage the surface. Always take jewelry off before washing your hands, bathing, showering or doing household work.
* Add your jewelry as the last step of your beauty routine. Hairspray, perfume, soap, make-up, oils and lotions may all dull the surface.
* Just like any other wardrobe item, jewelry needs maintenance to keep in mint condition. Check locks and clasps regularly.
* It is natural for the layers of gold plating to gradually wear off, but by following our care tips you can slow down the process. You might at some point want to get a new layer of gold plating. If so, get in touch with us.
GET TO KNOW OUR MATERIALS
* Our collections consist of precious metals (Rhodium plated, 18K Gold plated and 18K Rose gold plated on sterling silver) You should be aware that metal may darken or tarnish with normal wear.
* Excessive light, heat or moisture may compromise the quality of the gemstones and of the plating. The colour of some gemstones may fade with prolonged exposure to the sun. Avoid the risk of summertime sadness by saving your jewelry for evenings or the shade.
* Because most of the stones and pearls used in our collections are natural gemstones and seashell pearls, they will vary in shape, size and colour. Inclusions may be seen in some natural stones and are part of their beauty.
* Pearls may loose their lustre when exposed to products like soaps and perfumes. Pearls and most gemstones are delicate and special care should be taken when cleaning with chemicals and ultrasonic cleaners.
* Silver may oxidise and darken from contact with the natural salts and minerals on your skin. Special jewelry shops sell silver polish dips that can bring back the shine to your jewelry.